Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Another "Life in our back yard" post


Part of what happens behind the scenes as an advertising photographer is "creative experimenting".

As a creative person one has to practice their craft to stay relevant, always keeping your creative muscles exercised.  Besides, its just plain fun.  Not only has this project been creatively fun, but it's been a time of exploring wonderful memories.  Part of the creative process is drawing on your rich heritage of life experiences.

This group of seasonal food shots, from our families back yard, turned out fun.   I engaged my friend and stylist Trina Kahl to style the Gooseberry Desert and Zucchini cooked dishes.  We had a blast!  

Gooseberry Desert






Garden Lettuce

Zucchini


Growing up I remember my mom fixing simple but interesting dishes - using what grew on the property.  At the time, I didn't think too much of some of her choices.  As a adult, I look back with fond memories and long for those days.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I really am enjoying this series of "life in our backyard". Keep them coming!

Unknown said...

Thank you Amy! We'll do.
I think I need a lesson from you sometime on how to get people to follow my blog.

Give me a call sometime, I'd like to know your strategy.

816-474-4555

Thanks again
David M